Easy Recipes and Advice for Gluten Free Folk


"Ours not to reason why, ours but to do and die." Alfred Lord Tennyson

Having a gluten free house is just a way of life for us. I am willing to do whatever it takes to ensure my son (and my husband) is healthy and thriving. I don't care about sacrifices or inconvenience when I get to see the wonderful, rambunctious boy being wonderful and rambunctious. I wondered if we would ever get to see him be that way. We thank the wonderful heavens every day for this boy and as stewards of this amazing creature we will do absolutely anything for him. Nothing is too hard.

Gluten-Free Recipes

Gluten-Free Recipes
I have scoured numerous recipe books and the internet for decent gluten free recipes I have also adapted awesome gluten filled recipes to safe ones .I will keep posting my favorite recipes (the ones that turn out and the fam will eat.)

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sweet Potato Curry

Sweet Potato Curry
(adapted from Rachael Ray's Sweet Potato Curry in a Hurry)

2 1/2 cups brown rice
1 T olive oil
1 large sweet potato, cut into slices and the halved
salt and pepper
2 T curry powder
2 lb boneless chicken, cut into bite size chunks
1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
2 tablespoon cornstarch
2 1/2 t chicken boullion
2 1/2 C water
1/2 cup milk (dairy, soy, rice, coconut, almond, your choice)
1/4 cup prepared mango chutney
1 can peas
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped

Prepare rice according to instructions. I use the microwave and my Pampered Chef microwave cooker for 30 minutes).

Preheat a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat with olive oil. I use my electric frying pan.
Add the sweet potato to the skillet.
Season with salt, pepper, and curry and cook, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
And add the chunks of chicken.
Season with salt and pepper and cook, browning slightly for 3 minutes.
Add the onions and bell peppers and toss to combine.
Add the corn starch and continue to cook for 1 minute.
Add the boullion and water, your choice of milk, and mango chutney.
Bring to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
Add the peas and cilantro and simmer for 1 minutes to heat the peas through.
Serve over the rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment