Easy Recipes and Advice for Gluten Free Folk


"Ours not to reason why, ours but to do and die." Alfred Lord Tennyson

Having a gluten free house is just a way of life for us. I am willing to do whatever it takes to ensure my son (and my husband) is healthy and thriving. I don't care about sacrifices or inconvenience when I get to see the wonderful, rambunctious boy being wonderful and rambunctious. I wondered if we would ever get to see him be that way. We thank the wonderful heavens every day for this boy and as stewards of this amazing creature we will do absolutely anything for him. Nothing is too hard.

Gluten-Free Recipes

Gluten-Free Recipes
I have scoured numerous recipe books and the internet for decent gluten free recipes I have also adapted awesome gluten filled recipes to safe ones .I will keep posting my favorite recipes (the ones that turn out and the fam will eat.)

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Best Gluten-free Bread

I have had this bread turn out for me every time. It's great. It actually looks like real bread.


GLUTEN-FREE Bread

just over 1 cup each of 3 different gluten-free Flours (I like cornstarch, soy flour, sorghum flour)

2/3 cup dry milk powder

1 Tablespoon xanthan gum

1 teaspoon salt


Wet Ingredients

1 3/4 cups warm water

2 1/4 t yeast

2 Tablespoons oil (your choice, canola, olive oil, etc...)

2 large eggs

  1. In a small bowl, combine water (water needs to be warm, not room temp and not hot) and yeast. Stir.
  2. Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl, combine.
  3. Add yeast mixture, oil and eggs.
  4. Using an kitchen aid, mix dough with bread hook for five minutes on medium-high speed.
  5. Lightly grease a bread pan.
  6. Spread batter evenly into the pan.
  7. Cover with dish towel and put in oven on warm for 1 hour.
  8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  9. Bake dough for 55 minutes.
  10. Allow to cool before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment