Easy Recipes and Advice for Gluten Free Folk


"Ours not to reason why, ours but to do and die." Alfred Lord Tennyson

Having a gluten free house is just a way of life for us. I am willing to do whatever it takes to ensure my son (and my husband) is healthy and thriving. I don't care about sacrifices or inconvenience when I get to see the wonderful, rambunctious boy being wonderful and rambunctious. I wondered if we would ever get to see him be that way. We thank the wonderful heavens every day for this boy and as stewards of this amazing creature we will do absolutely anything for him. Nothing is too hard.

Gluten-Free Recipes

Gluten-Free Recipes
I have scoured numerous recipe books and the internet for decent gluten free recipes I have also adapted awesome gluten filled recipes to safe ones .I will keep posting my favorite recipes (the ones that turn out and the fam will eat.)

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

No Bake Cookies-An easy, quick go-to cookie

In the past, people with gluten issues haven't been able to have Oatmeal. There is a new school of thought that  says oatmeal is fine. Oatmeal has properties similar to gluten, but not the same. They still worry a little about cross contamination. If you are new to this diet or very sensitive (like my nephew Wyatt) you want to make sure to get Gluten-Free oats. But we are old hats at this and even bulk oatmeal at Winco doesn't cause any reactions. Thank Goodness.
These cookies along with rice crispie Treats are a must-have in Gluten-Free household.
No-Bake Cookies
Combine
2 c sugar
1 cube butter
1 t vanilla
1/2 milk (I've used every type of milk out there.
4 T cocoa
Boil for 1 minute (set timer, if too short, cookies will be runny, if too long, cookies will be rock hard.)
Take off burner and add
1/2 c peanut butter (I've used almond butter or can omit)
3 c quick oats (must be quick or won't set up well)
1/2 c coconut
Mix together until blended.
Drop by teaspoonful on waxed paper.
Wait till set to eat (hard to do).

No comments:

Post a Comment