Easy Recipes and Advice for Gluten Free Folk


"Ours not to reason why, ours but to do and die." Alfred Lord Tennyson

Having a gluten free house is just a way of life for us. I am willing to do whatever it takes to ensure my son (and my husband) is healthy and thriving. I don't care about sacrifices or inconvenience when I get to see the wonderful, rambunctious boy being wonderful and rambunctious. I wondered if we would ever get to see him be that way. We thank the wonderful heavens every day for this boy and as stewards of this amazing creature we will do absolutely anything for him. Nothing is too hard.

Gluten-Free Recipes

Gluten-Free Recipes
I have scoured numerous recipe books and the internet for decent gluten free recipes I have also adapted awesome gluten filled recipes to safe ones .I will keep posting my favorite recipes (the ones that turn out and the fam will eat.)

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Steel aka Goose

Yay! Steel slept through the night last night.
After months of constant ear infections and virus after virus, he finally made it through the night. Trav took him to my basketball game and had him running around to tire him out. He fell asleep around midnight. I put him at the foot of our bed. Sometime in the night he was up by us on the pillows and when I woke up he was at the foot of the bed again with his head inches from the edge. But we left him there because he was still sleeping. We made it. I wonder how it will be to go through a day with a full night's sleep. I wonder if I'll like him more because he didn't scream half the night away. It was my night to take him, too. I'm hoping for a great day. Good job, Steel.

We call Steel the Goose. Grandpa Dennis likes to torture little babies. He sits them up and them runs his fingers up their spine to tickle them. This worked really well on Steel. He would wiggle and squirm and Grandpa would laugh and say, "This one's goosey." And it stuck.
Steele has had ear infections from 3 months on. He's had tubes that haven't stopped the infections. The ENT wants to take out his adenoids but I'm too nervous for that right now. He's on an antibiotic currently and had to have a nasty rocephin shot Saturday. Poor guy. He dragged his leg around for days.
But, he's been a joy to have. We waited a long time for Daddy to realize we had Steel waiting. (We had to gather our courage after Cash.) He's loving and kind. He listens and minds for the most part. He's super affectionate. He's says, "Hug, hug." and wants me to hold him and snuggle all the time. He's strong willed. He is very persistent when he wants something and he usually gets it.
He just turned 2. I can't believe it. He loves to dance. He points to Trav's iphone and says,"Mo,mo dance." Trav blasts hip-hop and steel busts it. He break dances on the ground. He shuffles his feet and turns and claps. He's amazing. I can't believe he comes from a Berg. Maybe he got it from Granda Neecie who can Charleston like a fiend. Trav's got great moves but I have no rhythm.
We're super lucky to have this little Goose. We love him and are grateful he slept through the night. I'm sure there are many more sleepless nights for us but they are worth it. (I can say this because I'm currently not exhausted.)

No comments:

Post a Comment