Easy Recipes and Advice for Gluten Free Folk


"Ours not to reason why, ours but to do and die." Alfred Lord Tennyson

Having a gluten free house is just a way of life for us. I am willing to do whatever it takes to ensure my son (and my husband) is healthy and thriving. I don't care about sacrifices or inconvenience when I get to see the wonderful, rambunctious boy being wonderful and rambunctious. I wondered if we would ever get to see him be that way. We thank the wonderful heavens every day for this boy and as stewards of this amazing creature we will do absolutely anything for him. Nothing is too hard.

Gluten-Free Recipes

Gluten-Free Recipes
I have scoured numerous recipe books and the internet for decent gluten free recipes I have also adapted awesome gluten filled recipes to safe ones .I will keep posting my favorite recipes (the ones that turn out and the fam will eat.)

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Travy

The more I leared about gluten intolerance, the more I realized that we, as Cash's family, probably needed to lay off gluten as well. I decided early on to have a gluten-free house so Cash didn't feel singled out. But, what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him. But I started to notice symptoms in Trav that were symptoms of Celiac. Ever since I knew him his fingers hurt so bad. He's a big, strong man and I always teased him because he was such a pansy when it came to his hands. Come on, he's a college football player. When he had his life insurance exam, he was very anemic and had high blood pressure. His hair fell out in droves. He was diagnosed with arthritis in his knees. He had tummy troubles, I won't go into those. So, I finally talked him into seriously doing the diet. It was hard because at work they liked to take 2 hour long lunches and eat super yummy gluten filled food. But he did it.
Withing a week or so, his hands stopped hurting. When I had Steel, he actually let me squeeze his hands. When he got reexamined for life insurance, his blood pressure was normal and he wasn't anemic anymore. His hair actually started to come back in a little. His tummy troubles cleared up. And his acid reflux, which he took prescription medicine for tapered off tremendously.
And to top it off, he lost 25 pounds in a month. This is a great lifestyle for us. I decided to go gluten-free while nursing Steel so that he wouldn't be exposed before 5 months and I made sure to expose him to gluten between 5 to 7 months so that he had the best chance of being able to handle it.
What a blessing to know how to fix our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment