Easy Recipes and Advice for Gluten Free Folk


"Ours not to reason why, ours but to do and die." Alfred Lord Tennyson

Having a gluten free house is just a way of life for us. I am willing to do whatever it takes to ensure my son (and my husband) is healthy and thriving. I don't care about sacrifices or inconvenience when I get to see the wonderful, rambunctious boy being wonderful and rambunctious. I wondered if we would ever get to see him be that way. We thank the wonderful heavens every day for this boy and as stewards of this amazing creature we will do absolutely anything for him. Nothing is too hard.

Gluten-Free Recipes

Gluten-Free Recipes
I have scoured numerous recipe books and the internet for decent gluten free recipes I have also adapted awesome gluten filled recipes to safe ones .I will keep posting my favorite recipes (the ones that turn out and the fam will eat.)

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pineapple Fried Rice

When you are living a gluten-free lifestyle, it's hard to find places to go out to eat. I found that even dishes that I assumed were safe would cause a reaction in Cash or Trav. I also found that I would take my whole family out to eat, spend $40-50, referee the whole time, waste tons of food and come away saying let's never do that again. Here is a dish that is gluten-free and tastes like a restaurant would serve. It's also cheap and easy to make. Enjoy!










  • Pineapple Fried Rice
    8oz pineapple chunks, drained or fresh (I actually like canned better for this dish)
    3cups cooked rice (keep it on the dry side)
    1/2cup onions, thinly sliced
    3cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1/2      can of diced green chilis
    1egg
    1can of peas or 12 oz frozen
    1small carrot, grated (about 1/4 cup)
    1/4cup raisins
    1/2cup raw cashews
    3scallions, finely sliced
    1/3cup fresh cilantro
    2tbsp fish sauce
    2tsp. curry powder
    Directions
    1. Drizzle 1-2 Tbsp. oil in a wok/large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, and chili, cook for about a minute.
    2. Spread veggies to sides of pan. Crack egg in middle of  wok and stir quickly to cook (like making scrambled eggs).
            1. Add the carrot (if using), peas, cashews. Stir-fry 1 minute in the same way, adding more stock if needed.
    3. Now add the rice, pineapple chunks, and raisins. Add the fish/soy sauce and  curry powder and mix well. Gently stir-fry to combine over medium-high to high heat until the rice "dances" (begins to make popping sounds) - about 3 minutes.
    4. Top with cilantro and green onions.

1 comment:

  1. OK!! you need to feed this to me! I love the way it looks I know Id eat every bit! Yum! You are such a great cook!!@

    ReplyDelete