Easy Recipes and Advice for Gluten Free Folk


"Ours not to reason why, ours but to do and die." Alfred Lord Tennyson

Having a gluten free house is just a way of life for us. I am willing to do whatever it takes to ensure my son (and my husband) is healthy and thriving. I don't care about sacrifices or inconvenience when I get to see the wonderful, rambunctious boy being wonderful and rambunctious. I wondered if we would ever get to see him be that way. We thank the wonderful heavens every day for this boy and as stewards of this amazing creature we will do absolutely anything for him. Nothing is too hard.

Gluten-Free Recipes

Gluten-Free Recipes
I have scoured numerous recipe books and the internet for decent gluten free recipes I have also adapted awesome gluten filled recipes to safe ones .I will keep posting my favorite recipes (the ones that turn out and the fam will eat.)

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My son, Thor

I stayed awake for hours last night worrying about the future and what it holds for my family.
I learned two lessons from my son Thor in about 10 minutes this morning.
Thor gave the prayer after scripture study. The first thing that struck me was, "We're thankful for our challenges so we can be perfect when we get to heaven." I'm sad he's learning it early, but what a wonderful testimony. It makes me feel like maybe I'm succeeding in being optimistic when I still feel like crawling back in bed.
Then he said, "We're thankful for the day and the night so that we don't have just one lo-ong day." We can always find things to be thankful for.
I'm thankful for Thor. He has been a joy from day one. Heavenly Father sent him to me when I needed him most. I've always been so grateful for the mellow, snuggly baby (so unlike my others) that nourished my soul when it so badly needed to heal almost 9 years ago. 
God is good.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your insights, I will remember this when I want to crawl back into bed!!

    And I just love Thor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KAryn you are a writer!! Such eloquent words and descriptions! Write more, you have a gift!!
    I LOVe you!you are a great Mother and wife!!

    ReplyDelete