Easy Recipes and Advice for Gluten Free Folk


"Ours not to reason why, ours but to do and die." Alfred Lord Tennyson

Having a gluten free house is just a way of life for us. I am willing to do whatever it takes to ensure my son (and my husband) is healthy and thriving. I don't care about sacrifices or inconvenience when I get to see the wonderful, rambunctious boy being wonderful and rambunctious. I wondered if we would ever get to see him be that way. We thank the wonderful heavens every day for this boy and as stewards of this amazing creature we will do absolutely anything for him. Nothing is too hard.

Gluten-Free Recipes

Gluten-Free Recipes
I have scoured numerous recipe books and the internet for decent gluten free recipes I have also adapted awesome gluten filled recipes to safe ones .I will keep posting my favorite recipes (the ones that turn out and the fam will eat.)

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins

These may be the best muffins you'll have period. That doesn't even account for the fact that they are gluten free. Seriously, you have to try these.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
In your mixer bowl combine you wet ingredients:
1 can (15 oz) canned pumpkin
2 c sugar
1 c oil (I use extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil)
4 eggs
Make sure this is mixed thoroughly.
Add to wet mixture:
3 c gluten free flours (today I used potato starch, corn starch, brown rice flour and tapioca flour. Coconut flour is outstanding in this. Highly recommend.)
2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
2 t cinnamon
Mix until just combines. Some small lumps are fine.


Scoop into muffin tins lined with muffin liners.



Bake @ 375 for 20 minutes.

  
Top with the cream cheese frosting of your choice. I combines a brick of soft cream cheese with enough powdered sugar to make it stiff. Added a splash of vanilla and a couple splashes of milk to make it creamy.
Super easy and yummy.


Th

No comments:

Post a Comment