Easy Recipes and Advice for Gluten Free Folk


"Ours not to reason why, ours but to do and die." Alfred Lord Tennyson

Having a gluten free house is just a way of life for us. I am willing to do whatever it takes to ensure my son (and my husband) is healthy and thriving. I don't care about sacrifices or inconvenience when I get to see the wonderful, rambunctious boy being wonderful and rambunctious. I wondered if we would ever get to see him be that way. We thank the wonderful heavens every day for this boy and as stewards of this amazing creature we will do absolutely anything for him. Nothing is too hard.

Gluten-Free Recipes

Gluten-Free Recipes
I have scoured numerous recipe books and the internet for decent gluten free recipes I have also adapted awesome gluten filled recipes to safe ones .I will keep posting my favorite recipes (the ones that turn out and the fam will eat.)

Monday, February 18, 2013

Gluten Free Gingersnaps Recipe


I have made lots of cookies in my time. I love sweets. I particularly have an affinity for gingersnaps. Having morning sickness with 4 pregnancies, I realize that ginger is a godsend. I haven't made gingersnaps since we realized my son was gluten sensitive almost 7 years ago. But this recipe is to die for. The best gingersnaps EVER. GF or not.
In the Kitchenaid, mix 1 C sugar, 1/2 c oil (I use olive oil), 1 t vanilla, 2 eggs and 1/3 c molasses.
Add dry ingredients to mixer bowl: 2 1/2 c gluten free flours (I used buckwheat flour, tapioca flour and white rice flour.) I use a cup of 2 and 1/2 of the other. Add 1 t xanthan gum, 2 t baking soda, 1 t salt, 1 t cinnamon, 1 t ginger, 1/2 t ground cloves.
This recipe works best if you can refrigerate the dough for a couple of hours but I have made it where I just put the dough right in a 375 oven.
You want to make walnut sized ball and roll them in sugar. I cooked mine a little higher temperature because we are at over 4000 feet elevation. I put them at 390. And I cooked them from 8-10 minutes. They come out so light and airy.
Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment